Friday, August 27, 2010

18 months old

It is a late post but I was waiting for some pictures to be done and it is! :)

I can not believe Mady turned 18 months old last month. She is becoming a girl, not a baby. :(

She is doing very well on receptive part when we sign or talk to her. She understood what it mean or what shes supposed to do. She also signed a lot in proper ways. At the beginning, she signed baby signs that is hard to figure out what she is trying to say but now she signs in right way that we can understand better. I admit it, it is big plus to have Signing Times DVDs and Flashcards which helped so much and reduce the tantrums so much so we can communicate very well. She developed a cognitive skills and social skills very well. She can be a bit of shy but by time it went away, shes full of bubbly girl. She does not look like her age or act like. I get comments from people saying, shes 2 years old right? I said, "not yet!" She is little big for her age.

She is beginning to understand that her mommy has baby inside her belly but she doesnt understand it will come out soon. She love to play with my belly and I had to tell her to be careful. She has the stubborn personality. When we say No or stop, she wouldnt quit do what shes doing and we had to spank her but she thinks its funny so we had to do the timeout on the corner. She does not like it. Discipline is the hardest for me and my husband because she is stubborn, mischevious, and can be innocent all at same time.

There is one example: We were in Sacrament Meeting and there is bread/water moment, she somehow crawled out of the pew and walked up front. Justin said, "come here now." She had that mischevious smile on her face. It was embrassasing moment for us. As Justin stood up to get her, she tried to escape by running while the men were trying to pass around the bread/water moment. There is never a dull moment with Mady. That is the life of toddler right now that we are going through.

Other than that, my pregnancy is doing well but Im more than ready to have the baby. I suffered the horrid summer and ligament pain, restless legs, and much more. Im way miserable than I thought. Self to note: never try to get pregnant that'll last through the summer. :)





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is so cute. I love her smile and big eyes.