Tuesday, September 22, 2009

lack of motivation.......

I am wondering of one question....


WHY AND HOW CAN I BECOME BETTER HOMEMAKER?

Since Justin and I have been married for 15 months and all I do is stay home and do house chores. Let me tell you, I am quite not used to have to clean 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living room, kitchen and endless laundry. I am used to clean up after myself and one or two chores for my parents. It is big transition for me. It is frustrating right now for me to have the motivation to do something everyday. I am already bored out of my mind. I went out of state 3 times this year so far. I am pretty sure Justin is disappointed that I am not doing anything in the house while Justin is out working hard to bring the bacon home.

I also have this weakness for fast-food and restaurant places which lacks in my ability to cook at home.I need to broaden my recipe other than mac and cheese(sad but true) You have to understand that I grew up with a family of 6 and we're so consumed with sports all of our lives none else! I am also noticing my weight and it is not coming off as I hoped for, perhap because I have this addiction of fast-food and restaurant places. :) I really want to get back in shape and hopefully fit into my wedding dress by the time were sealed in the temple. Its funny how I grew up in a family who is fanatic about sports but with sports being over after high school is done and there is nothing else to do. I am not good at excerising. It is HARD to do it. I just need to get my butt kicked.

I am somewhat homesick for Utah because of many people I knew; family, friends, and deaf community. I always look forward to the events they offer compared to Arizona. I am somewhat frustrated, perhaps because Im not motivated as well?(good point)
I am married with a baby and there are many people I knew are not married or has no kids and all they do party it up at late nights. I know Justin has large family and its always fun with them sometimes but I want to feel I belong to something. I am juggling between two worlds, deaf and hearing. Once a while, I will feel down and asking myself where do I belong? It seems like each person fits just perfectly in ONE but not TWO. I also want to improve in many areas as well. Deaf Branch doesnt offer much such like RS Enrichments, Activities, or anything. I noticed other churches seems to have fun activity and there are always something to learn such like sewing, cooking or more. Most of time I do feel lonely except with the company of my little monkey and all I do is watch television.

I really want to improve on myself to be able to become better homemaker and better person to Justin and our little monkey. I am desperate because seems like everytime I said I will do this and that but It NEVER happen and my lovely husband said you always find an excuse for everything which is true. :)

Any suggestions?


1 comment:

Mrs. Slabbert said...

I hear ya! I have been bouncing back and forth between two worlds forever also. My world now is just my family. At least that's home. Most of me is Deaf, that's who I hang out with. (WHEN I do haha, being married also means you get left out of a lot of the parties.) Some things that have worked for me:
When you are feeling lonely,
1. throw your own party!
2. Go visiting teaching
3. Invite someone you don't know very well out to the mall or something with you.

As for food, we have the same weakness in our family and my! Fast food sure adds up to costs! Really expensive. If you haven't already, go buy a crockpot!!! I swear by those, you can make ANYTHING in there. Just google crockpot recipes. Why I like it: you throw the food in and forget it. You don't have to be a skilled cook. No more burned or undercooked food!
Easiest crockpot recipe ever:
1 jar of salsa
2-4 chicken breasts
Turn the crockpot on
leave it for about 6 hours
Shred the chicken with a fork and stir the salsa in well
serve the shredded chicken in a tortilla with whatever you like as garnish such as cheese, or lettuce and sour cream. Try it!

Losing weight stuff. Spoil yourself. No more excuses! Exercise. Exercise because you love your body, not because you want to lose weight. It makes the difference because it releases happy endorphins to your brain so you actually feel better even before you start to look slimmer.

PS you're a great mom and wife!